My Business is Growing!
2014 is off to a great start for me thanks to some referrals and 1 very specific marketing tactic I am using to get new listings. I promise to share that with you in a future episode. I need to work out the details with the company I am using to make sure that this tactic can work nationally and that the pricing is consistent and cost-effective in other areas of the country. I am also hoping to get a discount or promo code for REAPodcast listeners too! Stay tuned.
Focus on Listings
Because I want to grow my business by growing my listings I have really looked at my marketing and presentation when it comes to these new listings. I found that I was sloppy because I wasn’t trying to get top dollar for my seller since they were always in a short sale situation.
The Marketing Checklist
- Professional Photos – 7 exposure HDR photos. I get mine for $150 per listing. Flat fee.
- Unique Website – for $12 I can buy a domain through Bluehost and add as much info as I want to advertise the home. No flyers. No more ink cartridges, No more crossing out prices, etc
- Domain Sticker – The a “123main.com” website built, I simply place a sticker on the For Sale sign and direct any foot traffic to the website.
- Zillow/Trulia/Craigslist – This is where buyers are so this is where my listings are.
- Directionals – My Goal is to have SIX per listing. previously I was only placing 1 or 2 if any. More signs means more visibility. Helps with “Be Known”
- Social Media – Tweet it, Post it to Facebook, Pin it, Make a slideshow on Youtube. etc. Use something like Hootsuite to manage them all.
- Open House – Room for improvement. Help me out!? What works here?
- Broker Tour – Do these work? Talk to me…
- Just Listed/Just Sold Postcards – I am using these with a new twist and it is working well. More info coming soon…
Help A Broker Out
I’d love some feedback on this one. What is working for you that I am not doing? Anything on here you haven’t been doing that you want to try? I’d also like some feedback and info on Open Houses and Broker’s Tour. How can I do these with maximum impact so I’m not just playing cards and eating cookies all day.
Thanks for listening!