Below you will find my expenses for the month of March. It is my goal with these reports to analyze where I am spending money on my business so that I can eliminate waste and capitalize on expenses that are bearing fruit.
A Build Up of Listings
As I expected, my expenses in March were higher than February due to several new listings coming on board and the expenses that go along with them. Some of the marketing activity will show up in the April report as well since the expenses actually occured in the first few days of the month. I also had my quarterly RMLS Dues to pay this month.
I recently changed companies and have been incurring some charges that go along with the re-branding associated with this move. The new company has provided the first batch of business cards and lets me use their for sale signs but any personalized signage is something I need to pay for on my own.
Things like sign toppers or add-ons to the bottom of the signs that have my name and contact info are all being designed and ordered. I also need to order my own directionals. It is amazing how many places I need to switch my company logo and information online. Facebook, Twitter, Linked In, Zillow, Trulia and more. In fact I am discovering new places daily it seems where I need to switch over my company details.
I am following my own advice from Episode 3 and making sure that the email address I use for my various online logins is my own branded email. I did have a few places like Equator and Docusign where my email address was my old company email. Hopefully I don’t have too many of those lying around or I might get my access blocked when the old company turns the email address off. If you are concerned the same thing can happen to you and you want to get your own domain and email address then check out the tutorials I put together here.
Now lets get to the expenses.
- RMLS Dues: $138.00 (paid quarterly)
- NAR/OAR/PMAR Dues: $0.00 (paid annually)
- Business License: $0.00
- Zip Forms (digital real estate forms): $0.00 (paid annually)
Total = $138.00
- Cell Phone: $99.35
- Ring Central E-fax: $9.99
Total = $109.34
- Bluehost Hosting: $0.00 (paid annually)
- Domain Purchases/Renewals: $73.96
- Internet Service: $53.59 (bundled with home phone and tv)
Total = $127.55
Total = $224.84
- Just listed/sold postcards: $0.00 (I sent out a bunch of Corefact postcards the first week of April so next month will be big.)
- Listing Photography: $300.00
- Signage/Stickers: $30.95
Total = $330.95
- Gift for client: $0.00
- Lunch/Coffee meetings: $10.75
Total = $10.75
- Utilities – Vacant Home Listing: $0.00
- Hardware/Supplies: $88.41
- Parking: $32.00
Total = $120.41
Total Expenses for March: $1061.84